Member Service Representative (Bilingual) for our Watertown Branch
Join our Team and be a part of a movement that is fostering change and making a meaningful impact every day.
Proactively seek ways to develop and expand member relationships in order to contribute towards the branch success. Responsible for the accurate servicing of varied financial transactions for the membership.
- Embrace the movement to foster change and make a meaningful impact within the Community by exhibiting our corporate values of Integrity, Empowerment, Respect and Commitment in an effort to promote professional growth and prosperity within the organization and the neighborhoods that we serve.
- Welcome members to the Credit Union and provide routine information concerning services in accordance with Credit Union policies. Direct members to the appropriate department for specific information and service.
- Provide members by phone and in person with services such as deposits, withdrawals, transfers, and balance information. Proactively educate members on utilizing available access channels (i.e., ATM, WEBLINE, Telephone and Mobile banking).
- Transform service transactions to sales opportunities according to customer need and refer opportunities to partners (i.e., Mortgage/MFS) where appropriate.
- Cross-sell all services of the Credit Union which benefit the member.
- Responsible for reaching sales goal targets as required.
- Process Online account openings through OpeningAct
- Process External Call Center escalations
- Process Changes to Bill Pay and E-Statements
- Process Telephone Payments
- Process HSA and IRA transactions
- Maintain across the board knowledge of all MSCU functions that have member impact.
- Answer member inquiries on general information regarding all Credit Union services and assist members in resolving account discrepancies.
- Process file maintenance on general accounts.
- Balance vault, ATM, branch and all other end of day work.
- Open new accounts.
- Participate in various community functions to help promote the Credit Union’s branding and community roots
- Accurately maintain all items transacted, and balances to the daily MSR/Teller report and submit to accounting.
- Maintain confidentiality of member accounts.
- For the purpose of maintaining Credit Union goals, it is the responsibility of each employee to strive for the continuous quality improvement of processes and quality of service to internal and external customers.
- Abide by all federal, state, and local laws including but not limited to: The Bank Secrecy Act, including the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) and Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN); Uniform Commercial Code (UCC); Federal Reserve Bank; and National Credit Union Administration (NCUA).
- NOTE: The list of essential functions is not exhaustive. It may be supplemented as necessary from time to time.
- Position Requirements
- Requires the equivalent of a four-year high school education.
- Three years of financial institution experience.
- Cash handling experience.
- Basic mathematical skills required.
- Ability to type and use general office machines including computer terminals.
- Knowledge of MSR/Teller procedures, services for members, and credit union philosophy.
- Must be bilingual, Spanish preferred.
- Physical and Mental Abilities
- Full-time hours required, with additional hours as necessary to accomplish objectives, goals, and projects.
- Sitting the majority of the time.
- The ability to occasionally lift, push, pull or carry up to 10 pounds.
- Occasional bending, squatting, twisting, climbing, reaching above, at or below shoulder level, and kneeling.
- The ability to meet deadlines and maintain accuracy.
- The ability to effectively interact with all personality types in stressful situations.
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively.
- Occasional travel required.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Life, Short Term and Long Term Disability Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Savings Account – Company Contribution
- Generous PTO Package
- 10+ Paid Holidays
- Volunteer Time Off Day
- Mental Health PTO Day
- Annual Bonus Program
- 401K Company Contribution
- Employee Referral Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Employees’ Choice Awards
- Company Service Awards
- Scholarship Opportunity (for employee children/grandchildren)
- Banking Benefits
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
MSCU is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V