That’s why we’re so passionate about educating and empowering our members. Mutual Security Credit Union is dedicated to providing financial education that elevates and secures the standards of well-being in the communities that we serve. We’re proud to provide complimentary seminars, practical advice, and valuable tips for all of life’s milestones. Take a look at and register for upcoming financial education webinars, below.
During the virtual seminar, you’ll find out more about your Social Security benefits and discuss the role they play when setting a clear direction for your financial future.
You’ll learn the answers to your Social Security questions, including:
• What are the rules for starting your Social Security benefits?
• How do spouses coordinate their benefits?
• Are there different routes to take that could potentially increase your benefits?
• How do you decide where Social Security fits within your retirement plan?
During the virtual seminar, you’ll find out more about the basics of Medicare and how financial education can help you in retirement income planning. You’ll learn the answers to your Medicare questions and discuss:
• Medicare basics and the differences between Part A, B, C, and D.
• Tips for choosing your coverage and enrolling in medicare.
• How to consider health care costs when planning your retirement income.
Join us for a virtual session that can help you set your financial direction and answer more of your questions:
• What sources of retirement income will you rely on?
• What retirement risks do you face now that you're drawing on their savings?
• Which income strategies should you consider?
• How can you use annuities to guarantee income for life?
There's no denying the facts: Women tend to earn less and live longer than men. If you're a woman who would like to retire one day, you may need to save more and invest more than men. Here's an opportunity to attend a valuable, virtual seminar on this important topic.
The virtual seminar will focus on taking control of your future through investing. You'll also learn about:
• Key investment principles every woman should know.
• Important opportunities like asset allocation.
• Understanding investor behavior.
• Differences between financial products like mutual funds and annuities.
Often when people change jobs or prepare for retirement, they need to make decisions on their retirement plans and pensions. In this virtual seminar, you’ll learn some of the rules we need to follow and the options available.
In this session, you will learn the answers to questions, including:
• Pros and Cons to leaving your money in the company plan.
• Possible taxes or penalties we may face when moving money.
• Options for moving it to your new company plan.
• Rolling it over to a personal IRA.
Are you ready to retire? You might be prepared for the financial transition, but you’ll experience lifestyle and emotional transitions as well. We can help you understand these upcoming changes and provide the information you need to better prepare for this exciting season of your life. Working together, we’ll gain clarity and confidence about your path to retirement.
Here’s an opportunity to attend a valuable virtual seminar on this topic.
During this session, you'll learn:
• How to confidently address the financial, lifestyle and emotional transitions to retirement.
• How to guard against risks and manage those that are inevitable.
• Whether you are ready for retirement.
These workshops are educational only and is not investment advice. If you need advice regarding your financial goals and investment needs, contact a financial advisor. All guarantees are based on the claims-paying ability of the issuer. CUNA Mutual Group is the marketing name for CUNA Mutual Holding Company, a mutual insurance holding company, its subsidiaries and affiliates. Annuities are issued by CMFG Life Insurance Company (CMFG Life) and MEMBERS Life Insurance Company (MEMBERS Life) and distributed by their affiliate, CUNA Brokerage Services, Inc., member FINRA/SIPC, a registered broker/dealer and investment advisor, 2000 Heritage Way, Waverly, IA, 50677. CMFG Life and MEMBERS Life are stock insurance companies. MEMBERS® is a registered trademark of CMFG Life. Investment and insurance products are not federally insured, may involve investment risk, may lose value and are not obligations of or guaranteed by any depository or lending institution. All contracts and forms may vary by state, and may not be available in all states or through all broker/dealers. Asset allocation and diversification do not guarantee a profit or prevent a loss. See your prospectus for details about your investment options and refer to the fund prospectus for information on specific investment objectives. Variable annuities are sold by prospectus only. You can obtain a prospectus by contacting your financial advisor or the insurance company. Read it carefully. MGA
© 2020 CUNA Mutual Group
Representatives are registered, securities sold, advisory services offered through CUNA Brokerage Services, Inc. (CBSI), member FINRA/SIPC , a registered broker/dealer and investment advisor, which is not an affiliate of the credit union. CBSI is under contract with the financial institution to make securities available to members. Not NCUA/NCUSIF/FDIC insured, May Lose Value, No Financial Institution Guarantee. Not a deposit of any financial institution.