- REPORTS TO: VP Sales and Services
Assist the Marketing Department in achieving the strategic marketing plan and department goals. This position also requires the incumbent to work on various marketing projects as requested, including ensuring all communication to the public, membership and staff is well-written, coordinated and disseminated in a timely manner.
- Serve as key writer for the organization, composing written materials including, but not limited to, website copy, blogs, brochures, newsletters, and emails that promote MSCU’s message. Develops, proofreads and edits support material for Member, Branch and Employee Groups.
- Support all departments to ensure they have promotional information in a timely manner.
- Draft and maintain advertisement copy for radio and television production and provides media contacts with press releases re promotional activities.
- Prepares for, and attends, off-site events in which MSCU is a sponsor, as needed.
- Provide all media contact with general press releases detailing promotional activities and special events.
- Act as Facebook and other social media administrator, keeping the sites updated with brand -appropriate and compliant content.
- Assists in the creative development of paid digital marketing initiatives including, but not limited to, social media ads, Google AdWords (PPC) and display advertising.
- Perform competitor and product/service market research
- Prepare results-to-date and end-of-project analyses.
- Participate in the development of promotional programs for under-performing product and service growth initiatives.
- Assist in the development of marketing collateral in print and online.
- Continually make recommendations to improve communications, processes and efficiencies.
- Communicate in visually appealing and comprehendible format, providing interpretation, perspective and recommendations to accomplish technical and business goals.
- Prepare and execute marketing surveys providing analyses and recommendations based on results.
- Ensures consistency with all means of communication, i.e., print, web, etc.
- For the purpose of maintaining Credit Union goals, it is the responsibility of each employee to strive for the continuous quality improvement of processes and quality of service to internal and external customers.
- Abide by all federal, state and local laws including, but not limited to: The Bank Secrecy Act, including the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) and Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCen); Uniform Commercial Code (UCC); Federal Reserve Bank; and the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA).
Note: This list of essential responsibilities is not exhaustive. It may be supplemented as necessary from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience preferably in financial services industry.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Highly efficient, accurate and organized.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously.
- Strong statistical and analytical skills.
- Maintains strong knowledge of various software programs, such as: Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and others as required.
- Experience with Adobe graphic design software.
- Experience with project management and marketing automation software preferred.
- Able to work effectively individually as well as in a group.
- Able to effectively communicate will all departments and levels of management.
- Highly motivated. Self-starter; growth-oriented.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL ABILITIES
- Sitting the majority of the time.
- The ability to occasionally lift, push, pull or carry up to 10 pounds.
- Occasional bending, squatting, twisting, climbing, reaching above, at or below shoulder level, and kneeling.
- The ability to meet deadlines and maintain accuracy.
- The ability to effectively interact with all personality types in stressful situations.
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively.
- Occasional travel required.
Upload your resume