Members of Mutual Security Credit Union entrust us with their personal financial information. We take that responsibility very seriously and employ the latest technology to protect their accounts.
Keeping You Secure
As fraud and security threats increase, staying safe online is more important than ever. Mutual Security Credit Union is your partner in security, and we take extensive measures to protect your accounts and we are committed to giving you the tools you need to stay safe.
How we protect you:
- • Our dedicated team monitors all accounts and cards for suspicious activity.
- • Real-time security alerts.
• Data is encrypted with the latest security technology.
• Your online and mobile sessions are automatically logged out after 15 minutes of inactivity.
• Users are locked out after three unsuccessful login attempts.
• MSCU will never call, text or email you asking you for any account numbers, Personal Identification Numbers, or card numbers.
Take an active role by using these tools and tips:
Enable Two Factor Authentication at Every Login
Two-factor authentication through Google Authenticator is simple to set up and provides an extra layer of security by making it much harder for fraudsters to access your accounts. To set up, please follow the instructions below:
- Download the Google Authenticator application on your phone. Do NOT set up yet.
- Click here for the iOS version (Apple)
- Click here for the Google Play version (Android)
- Once logged in to your Digital Banking, go to your Profile Icon and click Security.
- Select the Two Factor Authentication tab.
- Click on Set Up under the Google Authenticator section.
- Use the Delivery Method drop-down to choose your preferred code delivery method.
- Click Request Code.
- A code will be sent to your preferred delivery method; enter the code into Verification Code.
- Open your Google Authenticator App and click BEGIN SETUP.
- Choose either Scan barcode or Manual entry, depending on your preference. If you select Scan barcode, you may need to allow camera permissions for the app.
- When prompted, scan the QR barcode or enter in the Code showing in your Digital Banking.
- After scanning the QR code or completing the manual entry, Google Authenticator will provide a 6-digit code. Enter this code into Digital Banking under Verification Code.
- The code is on a timer and will update every 15 seconds.
- Click Submit.
- Click Save.
Set Up Card Controls
Easily lock and unlock your card with the tap of a button, as well as enable spending limits and transaction controls to limit what your card is allowed and not allowed to be used for.
Set Up Subscription Alerts
Stay in the know and in control of your account. Subscription alerts can help you track your account activity and finances.