The Consumer Loan Originator position provides exceptional service to external and internal members that have applied through various channels using an online application system including but not limited to indirect dealership loans, direct loans, retail loans and contractor loans.
In addition, the Consumer Loan Originator provides effective communication of Credit Union products, services and activities to members with the specific goal of increasing awareness of the Credit Union, membership and sales production.
Under the direction of the Manager of Consumer Lending, the Consumer Loan Originator has the responsibility to perform the following essential functions:
• Review member applications through all lending channels for additional loan options, compiles necessary documents and complies with loan policies and procedures.
• Provides exceptional member service over the phone and via email, demonstrating a willingness and interest to help through a friendly tone of voice and electronic communication.
• Demonstrate a high level of accountability in managing individual queue of applications and sales leads. Deliver timely loan decisions and complete post-closing follow up to capture additional sales opportunities.
• Actively cross-sells additional Credit Union products and services and informs members of active loan promotions throughout the loan process. Assists borrowers in establishing a new membership.
• Requires the equivalent of a four-year high school education.
• 3+ Years Financial Institution Experience
• Cash Handling Experience.
• Basic mathematical skills required
• Ability to type and use general office machines including computer terminals.
• Knowledge of MSR/Teller procedures, services for members, and credit union philosophy.
• Fluency in Spanish and English
WHY JOIN THE MSCU TEAM?
Our employees, regardless of their role, share a passion, a focus, and the dedication to create prosperity and success in everyone’s well-being in our communities. Join us in supporting our mission and elevating your personal growth and advancement by embracing this rewarding career opportunity. In addition to a competitive salary and lucrative benefits package, employees receive generous vacation and personal time off and delight in a variety of company-sponsored events throughout the year. Click here to see our comprehensive benefits package!
MSCU is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D